* * * If you’re not comfortable with creating databases in cPanel etc, but you can install WordPress (or you have an existing WordPress setup you want to overwrite with the blog), then you can follow these instructions.
- Download the blog zip file (say blogdemo.offlineleadthemes.com_blogging_wpvivid-5d1a539d45a3a_2019-07-01-18-40_backup_all.zip) from the WPInstall tab to your computer. This will be one single zip file (please note that this file has a very long name and shouldn’t be changed).
- Log in to your existing WordPress install. Look up and install the “WPVivid” plugin from the WordPress plugin repository.
- In the WPVivid admin menu, you can use the “Backup Now” button to make a backup of the current site and download it (in case you want to preserve the current site).
- Scroll down the page, and click on the Upload tab. Upload the zip file you downloaded above here.
- Once the upload completes, click on the Backup tab again, and scan the file. The blog file will now be listed in the list of backups.
- You can now click on the Restore icon on this backup tab, and it will proceed with overwriting the blog on the current site. If asked to, select “Restore and replace original domain (URL)“, and click the Restore button.
- You can now see the step by step restore process.
- Once the restoration is completed, you’ll be logged out of the system, and asked to login again (this time, using the username and password provided to you in the member’s area). This marks the restoration as completed. Again, it would be a good thing to go to Settings > Permalinks and click on the Save button once to save your Permalink structure at this point, to make sure all your links work well.
Your blog is now installed successfully. Once you login, please update the e-mail address with yours, so that you can reset your password if you get locked out. Also check the FAQ section for more inputs and pointers.